Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Family for Jie


On behalf of our family, Ian and Asher have a special request:

Asher's friend, Jie needs a family.

Would you help us find him one?


When we first met Jie, he was very sad looking. Our guide Hannah, went right over to him and Jie began asking her if she had found him a family. At nine years old, he has seen several of his friends leave with their families but no one has come for him.

The orphanage staff kept telling us that Jie is a very smart and good boy. He always listens to the nannies and is very helpful.
Jie attends a boarding school that is several hours away from the orphanage. He is a very good student and loves to learn, but he does not like the school because he has no family or friends there.

We told Jie that we would pray for a family for him. Jie asked us what did it mean to pray, so Ian explained that praying was asking God for something for someone. And Jie looked at us and asked "What is God?"
This little boy is so hungry and he wants to learn so much.
But he hasn't been given the opportunity to.

Like Asher, he was born with a cleft lip but he has had the surgery and is completely healthy. I don't believe his palate was involved because he spoke very well for being 9 years old. Asher sounds very nasally because of his palate and is hard to understand. Even though I don't speak Mandarin, I was able to clearly understand everything Jie said.

Jie wouldn't smile while we were there. He just looked at us and seemed to be asking if we could take him home too. When we told him that we would do everything we could to find him a family, he finally gave us a smile.


I don't usually do this.. but this little boy made such an impression on our hearts, that we have to do something.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in adopting a precious little boy who wants a family.. please e-mail me.

Our guide said that she would do everything in her power to find his paperwork to bring him home. Because he is older, the cost of his adoption would be significantly less than usual.

Even if you are not in the position to adopt him (like we are) would you please print his picture out, stick it on the fridge and pray for him?

There's a story about a little boy who was throwing starfish into the ocean. The tide was going out and there were thousands of starfish on the beach who were all going to die if they weren't back in the water. A man walked up to the little boy and said, "Son, don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and thousands of starfish? You can't possibly make a difference." Picking up a starfish, the young boy threw it into the surf and said, "I made a difference for that one."

It's true, that we can't make a difference for all of the children in China. There are literally millions of orphans here who are just like Jie, in need of a family. But just like that little boy did.. we can make a difference for one of them. So please, pray that Jie would find a forever family!!

9 comments:

cottage girl said...

His little face has been on my heart since I read this post. I posted his picture with a link to your post on my own blog. Hope that's okay. Thank you for sharing his story. Praying that he does find a loving family who will show him how much Jesus does love him!

Lisa said...

"What is God?"... it broke my heart. We have forwarded your post to our pastor... my husband and I are working with our pastor to start an adoption ministry at our church and all of the planning and all of the resources that we have acquired can't even begin to hold a candle to your post. This is the reason we are starting this ministry. While every child may not be adopted, our hope is that every child will know the love of Christ and will in some way, shape or form, feel and know His love.

Thank you for sharing... you are an amazing young woman!

Lisa :)

Mom 2 six said...

Prayers said !!

Lindsey said...

He is so precious. This post brought tears to my eyes, he will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he finds a wonderful loving family soon!

Mike said...

test message.

Mike said...

Hello all. Congratulations on your new adoption. My name is Mike and my wife is Tracy. We saw your plea for Jie on your blog. We have been in the process for adopting a young boy 3 years old from China named Zheng Lin. We have a page on Journeytome.com listed under Michael Zheng Lin. We are at the end of the process and are currently waiting for a travel date. When we saw Jie, our hearts were touched by his situation and we would love to give him a home. our biggest problem is finances to afford another adoption but we have a nice home and plenty of love for him as well. I believe since we have not even finalized our first adoption, nor has it been a year from the first adoption, we would not be qualified to try and adopt him.
I would appreciate it if you have any information on where Jie has a file or his agency so we can check into it. Also, if there is anyone who would be willing to help us out with the finances to pay to adopt Jie.
Please keep us in your prayers and if you can contact me at my email address that would be the easiest way as im not sure on how to use the blog system. I was able to get logged in and that is about it.
Thank you in advance for your information. Have a safe trip home and God bless.

Mike and Tracy Boucher

Mike said...

Reference the above post, I forgot to leave my email address. It is msb5979@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Mike and Tracy

Mike said...

Hello all, just thought I would write again and let you know im still looking for information on Jie. I contacted several agencies and they have advised me they are not aware of Jie or where to find information about him.
Im sorry i do not know the family name from this blog but if anyone knows how I may contact them,please let me know or you can let them know about me and please forward my information to them so we can go forward with getting information to inquire about him for adoption.
I believe the Lord has put him on on our hearts and we would give him a loving christian home and family to be with.
Again, thank you all and may God bless you.

Mike and Tracy Boucher

Donna said...

This really tugged at my heart. Please keep us posted, okay?

Donna